These Privacy Notices are to run alongside our standard Pratice Privacy Notice (below)
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of the practice.
This Notice explains:
- Who we are, how we use your information and our Data Protection Officer
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long your personal information is retained by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
The Freedom for Information Act 2000 gives the public the right to know how public services are run and how much they cost. From January 2005 General Practices must respond to requests about information it holds. However requests will have to satisfy a number of conditions. For further information please contact our Practice Manager.
As part of a mandatory, national programme each GP Practice will have to make a summary care record for each patient (unless the patient has already opted out).
Please read the information regarding this.
If you wish to opt out download and complete the opt out form and return to the Practice (see below).
Your GP practice holds copies of your patient health record electronically and in paper format. Both contain the healthcare information about you that your GP needs including your medical history, medications, allergies, immunisations and vaccinations.
If you have previously registered with a different GP in England, upon registering at this practice your electronic health record will, where possible, be transferred automatically from your previous practice through the use of an NHS system called GP2GP.